Monday, January 31, 2011

A Daily Observance

Wow. I'm late. This is what happened with my other blog, too. I would forget to post and then things would slide down into a spiral of neglect. I told myself I would try very hard not to do that this time, but it seems that this is second nature.

I have two questions which will probably never be answered - why do my children sleep later when it's snowing? Is this a genetic human trait? I also sleep later when it snows and am extremely reluctant to get out of bed. Are we supposed to hibernate?

And my second question - why do cereals aimed to get kids attention flavored with styrofoam? I ate Alphabits this morning and they were absolutely awful, enough so that I threw the entire box away. Sintu liked them, but Sintu will eat absolutely anything, so his opinion doesn't count in this case.

My darling daughter lost her first tooth on Saturday and was terribly excited about the tooth fairy coming for a visit. Of course, thanks to the movies, she thinks the tooth fairy is the ROCK in hockey clothing, but that's okay! She got a silver dollar for her tooth and couldn't be prouder.

We are working on refinancing our house and are supposed to close in a few weeks. We had the appraisal today and she was very nice - I'd recommend her. I had questions about our first appraisal, when we started trying this months ago, but she explained everything to me patiently (and apologized for getting my name wrong) so that did wonders. This refinance won't lower our payments by much, but it will lock us into a fixed rate 30 year mortgage instead of the 10 year interest only we have right now, which is a great thing. We love our house, we want to stay here.

In other news, there's not much to say. Things are going pretty well around the workplace. I joined up with the biggest loser challenge for Minnesota, but I haven't lost any weight yet. I've done a lot of exercise and I DID record all my points this week, which I feel quite proud of, but no lost weight as of yet. It'll come, right? I just have to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment