Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam!

Spamalot was awesome! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and it was very nice to have a date with my husband without two small voices clamouring for attention. We had dinner at Leonardo's Cafe before the performance and the food was delightful, however...

I didn't think I'd eaten that much, though Marc tells me I did. I had most of a plate of salad and sauteed vegetables, though I did also get the pasta bar, which was probably more than I needed. My tummy felt a bit wonky afterwards, but this morning it's better.

I've made a decision today - I have to drink the water. That will solve a lot of problems, including really dry skin (which itches) and heathier hair and nails. Of course, I need to take my multivitamin every day, too, which I should manage. If I get more water into my system, then I won't itch as much, which will mean I don't need to spend the money on fake nails (fake nails prevent me from itching - they're much thicker than my regular nails) and then I can use that money for other, more fun things. And I won't have to constantly try to schedule appointments for my nails and spend the time to do them.

Not to mention, water will just make me feel better, right? So I'm drinking today, as much as I can. I might not make 100 ounces, but I'll pull of 70 at least and that's a good start.

I'm not sure if it's the steroids that are making me see the world in a better light, but today seems better than most days have been recently. Cross your fingers that I can switch the glass to half-full instead of half-empty. That's my worst fault, I think.

And I have to keep telling myself that my family is what's important, I'm a good person, and there are plenty of people who like me and my husband and children. We are in a good community in which we want to stay and grow roots, and we should work on acheiving those goals before stressing out about other things.

Everything will work out in the end. I must have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment