Friday, January 7, 2011

We DO Live in Minnesota, you know

School closed early today. Probably a good thing, considering it's almost impossible to see the road. I wouldn't mind except for the fact that Marc is at a meeting in New Ulm and who knows when he'll be back.

I ran errands in Sioux Falls this morning and it wasn't that bad. I got groceries (healthy foods) and did NOT stop for fast food, much as I wanted Long John Silvers or KFC. Instead, I bought a healthy sandwich at HyVee and ate it in the car, along with a sugar free mocha from Starbucks. I'm pretty proud of this, can you tell?

I drank 90 ounces of water yesterday, enough to make me pee most of the afternoon. I weighed myself this morning at I lost FOUR pounds in a day, just from the water. So I did it again today and we'll see what happens!!

This afternoon I managed to clean the bathrooms, start the laundry, and make some salad for our potluck on Sunday night at church. I feel accomplished and for the first time in a long time I actually feel pretty good about myself. The water is helping, I think, and the healing of the infection. This is a good thing!

If only I can start feeling pretty again. I KNOW I'm not unattractive, but I haven't felt pretty in a long time and it would be nice to feel that way again. I shouldn't let that be dependent on weight, but in my head it is, thanks to the images we're bombarded with every day. I wish someone would hire me to be a plus-sized model soI could see just how attractive I could actually look! Not that that will happen, but you never know!

Hope everyone is safe in their homes - I'm off to make grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids, along with key lime pie yogurt - it's their favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend! And I've seen your photos - you really are pretty!

    ReplyDelete