I weighed approximately 196 pounds when I left to climb Kilimanjaro. When I can off the mountain, I was somewhere around 185, having lost weight during the climb. I am now back to 194 because I'm just not paying attention to what i am eating versus the energy I am expending. I need to fix this. I have some really nice pants that are a smaller size that I would like to fit into again someday! (and it is, after all, ALL about fashion).
So here are my thoughts for how I should continue at the moment:
I need to make sure that if I get a treat, I just get a small treat. No more Ventis for me!
I need to only drink my favorite chai mix once a week or so, as a special treat. Fridays and Saturdays when I need a little pick-me-up from the week or while Marc and I are watching a movie. It should be special.
- Drink water every day - at least two liters. Prevent the bloating that comes with dehydration and improves skin tone.
- No after dinner snacking unless it's a piece of fruit or a handful of carrots. Enough already!
- Drink herbal tea instead of Chai mix. Helps with water consumption and has no sugar.
- Smaller portions at dinner - I don't have to take the biggest piece of chicken or have seconds on starches. Vegetables are okay for seconds.
- Don't eat the kids leftovers!
- When I can avoid carbohydrates, I will.
I need to start treating my body like the temple it is and coming to grips with the fact that unless I do something and stop all the cheating, I am NEVER going to be able to wear my favorite jeans again. I have two tubs of smaller clothes in the closet and I WANT to wear them. I WANT to wear one of my favorite winter coats and I have to get in gear to accomplish that.
Who's with me?