Thursday, August 22, 2013

Decisions, Decisions: Mundane Endeavors 2

So there are some changes that need to be made.

I weighed approximately 196 pounds when I left to climb Kilimanjaro.  When I can off the mountain, I was somewhere around 185,  having lost weight during the climb.  I am now back to 194 because I'm just not paying attention to what i am eating versus the energy I am expending.  I need to fix this.  I have some really nice pants that are a smaller size that I would like to fit into again someday!  (and it is, after all, ALL about fashion).

So here are my thoughts for how I should continue at the moment:

I need to make sure that if I get a treat, I just get a small treat.  No more Ventis for me!


I need to only drink my favorite chai mix once a week or so, as a special treat.  Fridays and Saturdays when I need a little pick-me-up from the week or while Marc and I are watching a movie.  It should be special.

And I have stopped buying my favorite chocolate from World Market.  Again, it should be special - no more purchasing by the case like I did before, just to make sure I had it on hand.

So now that I've made that public, maybe I'll stick by it!  My other plans include the following:


  • Drink water every day - at least two liters.  Prevent the bloating that comes with dehydration and improves skin tone.
  • No after dinner snacking unless it's a piece of fruit or a handful of carrots.  Enough already!
  • Drink herbal tea instead of Chai mix.  Helps with water consumption and has no sugar.
  • Smaller portions at dinner - I don't have to take the biggest piece of chicken or have seconds on starches.  Vegetables are okay for seconds.
  • Don't eat the kids leftovers!
  • When I can avoid carbohydrates, I will.


I need to start treating my body like the temple it is and coming to grips with the fact that unless I do something and stop all the cheating, I am NEVER going to be able to wear my favorite jeans again.  I have two tubs of smaller clothes in the closet and I WANT to wear them.  I WANT to wear one of my favorite winter coats and I have to get in gear to accomplish that.

Who's with me?

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying too. I know I need to move more as well as watch how much goes in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it quite difficult to not eat the kids' leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying, too! Keep it up, girl. I have to keep no chips or favorite snacks in the house, except for a few small portion things for a treat -- like Reese's miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You exercise and eat right, so I'm sure you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete