Sunday, January 16, 2011

WMDs in Human Suits

My children are weapons of mass destruction. It amazes me that they manage to pull EVERYTHING out of the play bin in just under 30 seconds and then blame each other for doing it. It's like Hurrican Dagny and Typhon Sintu in here sometimes! Not that any self-respecting weatherman would ever name a storm after my kids (gotta stick to the regular names), but it does seem that way sometimes.

Add in the furry little bundle of C4 named Roscoe and we've got a regular job for the A-Team in our house. If the A-Team cleaned toilets, floors, and did laundry anyway. Hannibal, where are you when I need you? Murdock can babysit! I think they'd get on great!

I understand that tantrums are normal. I also understand that teenagers are like unstable, weapons-grade plutonium and that I will have TWO entering puberty at mostly the same time, but right now it amazes me just how insane things can get around here!

However, Sintu today said "Mommy, I need to show you something" and led me into his room. "Mommy, sit on my bed for a minute, okay? I have something cool to show you."

Keep in mind, out in the hallway he dropped a blue plastic vase and out fell a pink stuffed bunny. I had no idea this was important until right now.

"Abracadabra!" he shouts gleefully, overturning the vase and (once again) dumping out the rabbit. "See?" How cute is that? Makes all the tantrums worthwhile, doesn't it?

As to the weight loss - I'm not doing too badly with the water, drinking as much as I should every day. And I am still addicted to spinach and have found a new vice: Laughing Cow spreadable cheese! The light version is only 35 calories per wedge and it's quite tasty with lowfat wheat thins, which are some of my favorite crackers. Unfortunately, when I start eating them, I never manage to stick to just one serving. I always end up munching for much longer than I should. That's my goal for next week - portion sizes. I need to stick with it and actually write in my weight watchers journal, which I have been horrid at recently.

However, on the shopping front (borderline shopaholic here), I've done quite well. I took all my credit cards out of my wallet and am only going to spend money that I HAVE and not money that I might have. I went to TWO sales this week and didn't buy very much at either place, spending about $20 dollars for each one. I have an allowance of $100 per month and that's not bad! The rest can be coffees and an occasional lunch and (gasp) maybe savings?

Speaking of savings, I have decided that we need to transfer money into the kids' savings account each month so that they have something there when they need it. I feel pretty good about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment