Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Fascination with Egypt

Mubarak resigned yesterday, which is fantastic for the Egyptian people, though now the military will probably take over and they won't be happy. This sort of makes me sad, but I will continue to send good thoughts their way - it's always better to create a democracy and not have someone step in and force you (no criticism of the US intended there...snort).

I am having trouble drinking all the water that I should be. I was doing so well for awhile, but not any more. Not sure why, though I am going to make an effort to do it this coming week. Since this is the Chinese New year, do I get to make my resolutions again?

I joined the Minnesota Biggest Loser challenge with a team from Pipestone and we're doing pretty well so far, with lots of exercise and nutrition points, and some weight loss points. All in all, the weight is not the important part - the health is. As we get more healthy, the clothes will fit better because weight loss will be a secondary bonus, or that's what I'm telling myself. Really, I just need to lose the weight so I don't have to buy any new pants for the summer - my spring clothes won't fit me the size I am now. Time to get cracking.

The bitter cold is finally giving way to warmer temperatures, of which I am very grateful. The negative temps and even more negative windchills were wearing on everyone. When you go outside and stop breathing, it's FAR too cold. Will it last until spring? Who knows?

It's a crazy day in the library today - we've got a children's carnival going on and there are SO MANY kids! It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment