Sunday, February 20, 2011

Influenza A

Giant Flakes of Snow. That's all I can see out my window right now. We had freezing rain this morning followed by what the weathermen are saying could be up to 15 inches of the fluffy white stuff.

We just had a thaw, people. We were just being able to see grass after a week in the upper 30s and 40s for temperature, sunshine, and a regaining of our precious Vitamin D. And now this...

I have been home for three days from work (plus two of the weekend) with Influenza A. It started as a cough, became chills and bodyaches, filled my respiratory tract with amazing amounts of mucous, and laid me on my ass for three whole days. I took my kids to school, went home and slept, got up to let the dog out, and slept again. And now there's a blizzard that might trap us in the house on Monday. It's maddening. I was looking forward to church today to simply SEE PEOPLE. My family is wonderful, but after a few days, I really want to see someone else. Anyone else.

The good thing is we took a walk yesterday before it got cold, walking around two blocks in town and took the dog with us. It was very nice, though there weren't many other people out and about. We discussed why there's a ledge of snow over the gutter and the kids were fascinated by the idea of melting, which was fun.

And now there is no more melting for awhile - the grass we could see is covered up with a new layer of white. At least it's not dirty yet and the fresh pristine-ness of the snow is really quite lovely.

If only I could get out of the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment