Friday, April 25, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 18

Education is the game on this one and I did NOT pick the first thing on the list.  Instead, I downloaded TWO from this extensive category and discovered that both of them were well worth it.

Bill Nye the Science Guy: My daughter and I LOVED this app.  It's fun to scan your thumb to get in (so, not really, but it's fun) and the "lab" is very cool.  Opening the book brings you to a list of experiments that you can do yourself using regular household items.  The TV on the table (you can click on all these objects) lets you watch show segments.  There's a section of optical illusions, planets, and even a drawer you can open to learn how to tie a bow tie, Bill's quintessential choice of neckwear.  Definitely a keeper.

I also downloaded TED because those talks are darn handy.  I really like the fact that the app lets me search by topics or presenters, but keeps a page of the most popular out front for me.  Also an app to keep on the Ipad for those times when I need a little pick-me-up or some good information from excellent speakers.  Hooray Ted!

This was a very fun Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment