Wednesday, February 12, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 8

Social Media Management Tools!

So I've heard all about Hootsuite - lots of people use it for keeping track of all their social media needs, but I'd never tried it.  Mainly because I think that I'm not that interesting and couldn't possibly have a need to keep track of that many things.

In order to really get a feel for it, I got an account on Foursquare and attached that, Facebook, and Twitter (which I put back on my Ipad) into the Hootsuite account.  Fascinating.

I can look at everything at once, from inside one app, and the thing I like best about it is it shows you EVERYTHING on Facebook, not just the entries that Facebook thinks you should see - know what I mean?  I can see all the pages I like if they've updated, all the friends on my list (not just ones I've interacted with recently) and it flows continuously.  I'm not sure I quite understand the "Pending" column, but I'll probably figure that out as I go along.

Will I keep using it? Maybe, who knows.  I still don't think I need that much management since I have a real like I like to experience once in awhile and I've never managed to stick with Tweeting, but it does seem to be a very useful app for those people who have a lot to manage.

Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment