Saturday, February 1, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 5

I tried out Remember the Milk and Bamboo Paper, both of which I think I will keep!

Remember the Milk is a GREAT list tool. I really like the simple organization of the week and that I can mark things completed as I do them - along the left side it tells me how many things are scheduled for the week, by day.  Love it.  A dream for an OCD librarian like myself.  I can have personal, study, and work lists, which is also great, though I wish I could edit the titles of the lists.  There might be a way, but I haven't yet figured it out.  If I upgraded to a Pro account, I bet there would be more bells and whistles.

Bamboo paper is cool, though I wish I could type in it.  I like that I can change the size of my lines when I sketch (which would be easier if I had a stylus) and that I can change colors - that is very cool.  Occasionally I have an urge to sketch things out, though not often.  This will come in handy when those urges arise.  It's a pretty neat app.  I like that I can change the colors of notebooks, add more notebooks, change titles, etc.  It's very user friendly.  Tells me how many pages, when it was last edited, etc.  I like it!

An app that I really enjoy that was NOT included in this list is Evernote.  One, it's represented by an elephant, and two, the interface is really easy to use.  I'm not sure if it's free or not (I don't remember), but I really like being able to keep track of different "notebooks" and have one for the library, one for daily tasks for myself, and one for travel notes.  And it emails pretty easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment