Friday, January 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 3

So these apps are utilitarian apps and totally worth it.  The assignment only required that we install one of the mentioned apps but i went and experienced three of them - they are all awesome!

1. RedLaser:  I had heard about this one before - it reads barcodes and QR codes, so it's useful when you're out and about or at the grocery store.  One bummer of this is my local store is not listed (I'm too far out in the boonies) so finding close by deals when I'm at home isn't going to be an option I can use.  However, I have wandered around the library scanning barcodes and been delighted at seeing the cheaper prices online and where I can find them.  We don't have too many QR codes, but it worked on the one on the website and took me back to 23 Things.  I'm looking forward to using it at the grocery store tomorrow.

2. Wi-Fi Finder: I got this one and was surprised to see that the location I was using was not listed, so if anything comes out of this, Meinders Library got added to the Wi-Fi list!  Hopefully that will help other users in the future and using this in other areas of the country will be very useful for me.

3. ISleep: Obviously, I haven't had a chance to use this yet since I just downloaded it.  It looks awesome, though - tracking my sleep patterns, allowing me to choose how I wake up (my music, beeps, etc) and I can't wait to try it next time I am in a hotel room.

This 23 Mobile Things is a huge amount of fun.  If you haven't tried it, you should!!  You have to be a librarian to register and get prizes, but you can look at the list and explore the website as a normal person, too! (HAHA!)

23 Mobile Things

No comments:

Post a Comment