Friday, January 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 2

WOW!  I had no idea there was so much to learn about my Iphone.  I mean, I knew I wasn't utilizing it to the best of my ability, but I had no idea how much I'd missed from not watching these tip videos before.  Having an Ipad and an Iphone, some of the tricks I knew already, but when I watched the Iphone video, I was totally blown away.

IPhone tricks video

What I loved:
1. Dynamic wallpaper - it moves.  I have set my wallpaper to the green dots and I love it.
2. Shared Twitter links - I can go to Safari, open up the bookmarks area, press on the @ sign and it will show me any links that have been shared in my Twitter feed.  If I tweeted, this would be awesome.
3. Siri has so many features I never knew about - I might have to talk to her more often.  She can search for images (it's Bing, but that's survivable), she can be taught proper pronunciations, and she can search Twitter for you! Now I am thinking perhaps I should be Tweeting more often.
4. There is a compass app that can also function as a level!  Now I don't have to search around my house for that pesky plastic bubble level, my phone can do it for me.  This is awesome!
5. I can put everything in bold text - I am so in love with bold.  I have a hard time seeing as it is, and now things are so much better.
6. You can slide to the left in messages to see time stamps on all the messages - this is great.  I know when things have been sent!  Whoo hoo!
7. Unlimited pages in the folders.  I knew there were multiple pages, but I didn't know I could make as many as I wanted.
8. Background app refresh - when this is turned on, the apps that are set up for this can refresh in the background when I have my browser open.  I like the idea that those apps are getting caught up.

So this was very useful to me.  I can't wait to see what the other Things have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment